"Applied Bachelor" is a qualification awarded to graduate who has completed the main educational program at the "bachelor" level, who has the competence to solve technological problems in various spheres of socio-economic activity, and it is ready to start professional activities immediately after graduation. The essence of the applied bachelor's degree is to raise the status of vocational education, to equate some college specialties with the higher in accordance with innovative requirements.
As part of the implementation of the state program "Health" for 2016-2019, specialists of the Ministry of Health with colleagues from JAMK and Lahti (Finland) of the University of Applied Sciences developed a roadmap for improving nursing education in Kazakhstan for 2016-2019. The applied bachelor's program provides for the principles of dual education in accordance with European directives.
A license of Applied Bachelor's degree was issued for the specialty "Applied Bachelor of Nursing" in the direction of "Nursing" at the higher medical college "Taraz-Bolashak"LLP on May 13, 2019.
In the same year, 68 students were admitted to the college, including 28 post-secondary students (for a period of 3 years and 6 months) and 40 students (for a period of 1 years and 6 months) in the accelerated class.
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 25 students have graduated from the Department of Applied Baccalaureate in 1 year and 6 months. And 89 students are enrolled for a period of 3 years and 6 months, including 30 students for the 1st course, 18 students for the 2 course. For the period of 1 years and 6 months are 41 students in the accelerated class.
College graduates will acquire professional nursing skills, such as prehospital examination, preliminary diagnosis, referral to specialized specialists, patronage of children and adults, prescribing drugs under the supervision of a doctor.The department "Applied Bachelor's degree" of our college works by a credit-distance learning system "Platonus". Thanks to this system, students can receive distance learning.
Head of the Department of Applied Bachelor's Degree: Baizhanova Zarina Seytzhanovna.
List of teachers teaching students of the Department of Applied Bachelor's Degree:
1. Sarseeva Farida Sailauovna, lecturer at the Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacotherapy and Medical Calculation.
2. Murat Zhannat Muratovna, teacher of the Department of Health Promotion.
3. Aimakhanova Tolkyn Bolatkhanovna, teacher of the discipline "Nursing care in acute diseases (surgical and postoperative nursing care)".
4. Khaldarbekova Mayra Nurzhanovna, teacher of the discipline "Nursing and patient safety".
5. Khaldarbekova Mayra Nurzhanovna, lecturer at the Department of Mental Health in Nursing.
6. Lecturer of the discipline "Clinical assessment of the patient's condition" Murzakhmetova Dilyara Beybitovna.
7. Murzakhmetova Dilyara Beybitovna, teacher of the discipline "Nursing care for chronic diseases and the elderly."
8. Teacher of the discipline "Nursing aspects of reproductive health" Tubekova Raisa Sarsenbaevna.
9. Rapilkhanova Akerke Sabitovna, teacher of the Department of Emergency Medical Aid.
10. Teacher of discipline "Family care" Rapilkhanova Akerke Sabitovna.
11. Guldana Kazakbaeva, teacher of the subject "Professional foreign language (English)".
12. Lecturer of the discipline "Biostatistics and the development of research results" Zheksembinova Ainur Karimbekovna.
13. Ualieva Makhpal Shokhanovna, teacher of the discipline "Electronic health care system".
14. Teacher of the subject "History of Kazakhstan" Valieva Arailym Sherniyazovna.
15. Nurseit Alibek Takenovich, lecturer of the Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
16. Umirbaeva Gulnar Kurashevna, teacher of the department "Professional Russian language".
DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS FOR ADMISSION OF BACHELORS OF APPLIED SCIENCES FOR A BACHELOR IN THE SPECIALTY "NURSING".
November 4-8, 2019 (54 hours) on the topic "Training of trainers in the framework of the national educational program for mentors in nursing" in Nur-Sultan D. Tryumova took part in a master class. The master class was conducted by Paula Vikberg-Aaltonen, Virpi Lilestrom, specialists in the modernization of academic programs for nurses of the University of Applied Sciences of Finland.
Murat Zh.M., teacher of the Department of Infection Control in Nursing, Bayzhanova ZS, Head of the Department of Applied Bachelor's Degree. On March 2-6, 2020, a master class "Nursing education based on modern competencies" (54 hours) was held in Nur-Sultan. The master class was conducted by Hannele Turväinen and Jana Perttunen, experts in modernizing academic nursing programs at the University of Applied Sciences of Finland.
Murat Zh.M., teacher of the Department of Infection Control in Nursing, Bayzhanova ZS, Head of the Department of Applied Bachelor's Degree. October 5-10, 2020 participated in a distance master class (54 hours) on the topic "From theory to practice in modern nursing education" through the ZOOM network. The master class was conducted by Hannele Turväinen and Hanna Naaka, experts in modernizing academic nursing programs at the University of Applied Sciences of Finland.
Murat Zh.M., teacher of the Department of Infection Control in Nursing, Bayzhanova ZS, Head of the Department of Applied Bachelor's Degree. On November 23-27, 2020, she took part in a distance master class on ZOOM (54 hours) on the topic "Improving professional nursing." The master class was conducted by Hannele Turväinen and Hanna Naaka, experts in modernizing academic nursing programs at the University of Applied Sciences of Finland.
November 11-15, 2019 in Shymkent Yerzhanova A.B. graduated from the advanced training course in the specialty "Nursing" in the cycle "Management of research work in nursing" (54 hours). passed and received a certificate.
The main goal of this seminar is the development of educational programs for retraining bachelors of applied sciences in the specialty "Nursing" in accordance with the requirements of the European Union for the recognition of the Bologna process and professional qualifications.
Nursing training system (HIGHER MEDICAL COLLEGE "TARAZ-BOLASHAK")
The social partners of the college participate in the organization of pre-diploma practice and the educational process on a contractual basis. The college introduced a mentoring system based on the applied science model of the University of Finland for the curriculum "Nursing" in the college, developed a plan for the training of nursing mentors for 2019-2021. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 25 mentors were trained in Dual Education for Nursing Mentors. In total, 35 certified mentors work in 5 contract medical institutions. In particular:
•In the medical center "Taraz-Bolashak" - 10 mentors,
• city hospital No. 1 - 7 mentors,
• Zhambyl regional hospital - 2 mentors,
• Zhambyl regional rehabilitation center for disabled people - 7 mentors,
• In the Zhambyl Regional Psychiatric Dispensary - we constantly work with 9 mentors.
Medical institutions provide material and clinical opportunities for undergraduate practice, provide students with approved mentors and participate in evaluating the results of the internship. Based on the results of pre-diploma practice, each student is given a characteristic, which was analyzed by the methodological supervisor (employee of a medical organization) in order to correct the educational process directly from the scientific supervisor. The college introduces mentoring (mentoring) for nursing students, and the ratio of clinical nurses to specialist to mentor is -1: 3.
To introduce the elements of dual education into the medical education system, a tripartite agreement was signed with interuniversity, medical institutions and undergraduate students, clinical and postgraduate internships, as well as the basic principles of dual education for further employment. An accelerated group of applied undergraduate students study ergonomics techniques.
The college has a scientific and methodological department, the scientific supervisor of which is S.Ordabekov, doctor of medical sciences.
During the execution of the dissertation, the work was instructed and each student was assigned a methodological leader. Articles of the graduation group on the topic of theses were published in the journals "Ordinator", "Vestnik".
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 25 students graduated from the specialty "Nursing" with the qualification "Applied Bachelor of Nursing" with an accelerated period of 1 year and 6 months. Students were tested at the National Center for Independent Expertise on Stage 1 "Independent Assessment of Knowledge", Stage 2 "Assessment of Practical Skills" and received a certificate of qualification "Applied Bachelor of Nursing". All students are employed.